Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
Btw…title should say "has" not "had".
Good morning Chiefs fans! Good luck this week!
CHIEFS DAT at 442 yards per game
Who dat with the number one rushing attack in the NFL?
CHIEFS DAT at 192 yards per game
1. The playcalling – I was glad to see the OC stick to the running game late in the game, even though we were down. This is what I was asking for last week. The big runs by Charles worked because the defense was getting worn down.
2. The defense in the 2nd half. Both the pass defense and run defense was outstanding in the 2nd half (I couldnt watch the 1st half). The only 2 2nd half scores that NO got were after turnovers and with a short field. The run was getting stuffed up the middle by the DL, and the DL was also occasionally giving a pass rush. Id like to see more frequent pressure on the QB, though.
3. Good job by the OL, even with Hudson out. The line was doing a decent job in both pass and run protection. Not great, but decent.
4. Arena is getting close to breaking some punt returns. All around the special teams looked better.
1. Inability to SCORE in the redzone. We need to get more TDs and less FGs.
2. Either WRs werent getting open or Cassel couldnt find them. Without looking downfield it is hard to tell.
3. Bowe had another easy drop that could have been critical. We were able to overcome it, but that deep pass should have been caught.
4. Judging from what Mccluster’s injury looked like, he is probably out 6-8 weeks minimum.
1. Jeff Allen played well as Guard.
2. Hillis was missed. Im hoping he just pulled a muscle and will be back this week.
3. Baldwin is making more of a presence in the passing game. I hope it continues.
4. Lilja did a great job at C. Hudson’s loss was not as noticeable.
- Why the Kansas City Chiefs will win the AFC in 2017 - Arrowhead Addict
- Many familiar names populate Chiefs' 53-man roster projection - ESPN (blog)
- Offense returns key pieces for 2017 - News-Press Now
- Chiefs' Andy Reid to Tamba Hali: 'If you have a problem, let's talk about it' - Kansas City Star
- Chris Jones among Chiefs to start training camp on physically unable to perform list - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs introduce Brett Veach, hope new GM fixes issues - ESPN
- All eyes will be on Patrick Mahomes II at Kansas City Chiefs camp - ESPN (blog)