"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
- Buzzkill alert: Supporting Kansas City Chiefs, Royals comes with great costs - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers: Spread Analysis and Pick Prediction - Bleacher Report
- Power Rankings: No. 14 Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN (blog)
- NFL Says Kansas City Chiefs Player Shouldn't Have Been Penalized for Prayer - ABC News
- Why Isn't The Media Outraged About The Kansas City Chiefs? - The Federalist
- Top 5 Headlines 9/30: KC Enjoys Long-Awaited Spotlight - KCChiefs.com
- If Chiefs' defense keeps playing like this . . . - ESPN (blog)