"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
- Kansas City Chiefs expect other teams to snap up their cuts for first time - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce leaves Monday's practice early - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: Will the offensive line hold up? - Arrowhead Addict
- Entering year three, Chiefs coach Andy Reid has his quarterbacks' trust - Kansas City Star
- Predicting the Chiefs' 2015 NFL season, game-by-game - Kansas City Star (blog)
- The Star's projections for the Chiefs' 53-man roster - Kansas City Star
- Seahawks' Bennett fined for hit on Kansas City Chiefs QB - KOMO News