By Callum Byrnes-Krickl
By DAVE SKRETTA
AP Sports Writer
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) Brady Quinn had waited three years for another chance to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He wasn’t going to let a concussion put him back on the sideline.
That’s why the Chiefs quarterback admitted Wednesday to attempting to play through his second concussion of the season, which he believes happened when a defender’s knee struck the back of his helmet in a game against the Oakland Raiders on Oct. 28.
Quinn remembers having vision problems after the blow, but decided to remain in the game, even though he was dazed enough to put on the wrong helmet on the sideline between possessions
Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel is not going to tolerate turnovers any longer.
The Chiefs’ 29 turnovers (14 interceptions, 15 fumbles) are 10 more than any other team in the league, and Crennel said the first player to turn it over on Monday night at Pittsburgh likely will get a seat on the bench.
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
I’ve heard many theories from Pioli is no longer in full control and RAC is finally being able to coach his way to this is Pioli trying to save his job.
Somehow this DC part strikes me as building in an excuse if/WHEN the Steelers throttle this team on MNF. Romeo claimed a perception of the way the offense views him as the reason for the change. I just have a hard time buying that because its a poor way to lead, though poor leadership seems to be the one thing we have down this year.
- Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Jalen Ramsey - KC Kingdom
- Does free agent Riley Cooper interest the Kansas City Chiefs receivers? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- If I were Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey: A 3-step plan - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Who might the leave the Chiefs? - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs 2016 offensive line has more questions than answers - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Eric Berry is one of the Kansas City Chiefs three top 10 safeties in free agency - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Former tight end Tony Gonzalez looks forward to being in Chiefs' Ring of Honor one day - Kansas City Star