over the past 27 games, KC has allowed 30+ points 12 times, in which they lost all of those games. They are 10-17 over that entire span. Fingers can be pointed at every aspect of this team with regards to why this is, and they’d all be true. Romeo has been the HC for 8 of those games, DC for all of those games. They have also gone 24 games without scoring a TD on opening drive. They have held the lead in a game in 2012 for exactly ZERO seconds. We’re not building, we’re not getting better, we’re just not very good for obviously a lot of reasons.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3)
Sunday, October 14, Noon Central Time
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa Bay, FL
I hate the 3-4 defense, we’ve been drafting for the 3-4 for how many years now? And still cant get it right!
Imo he drafted better than haley and was a better coach and motivator.
He was another year away from this team doing special things. He was left with Nothing thanks to crybaby vermeil.
Blast away people but you got what you asked for with this change and this team!
It’s official: Matt Cassel is out for Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Romeo Crennel made the announcement at his Thursday press conference. Brady Quinn will get his first start in nearly three years in Week 6.
This was basically a formality at this point. Cassel didn’t practice on Wednesday due to the concussion suffered on Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens and the Chiefs said they were going to be cautious with Cassel, which was an indication he wouldn’t play. And he won’t.
This means that the Brady Quinn era is officially here. The Chiefs play the Bucs on Sunday then have a bye the week after that so for at least one week this will be Quinn’s team.
This is a huge opportunity for him. We’re not sure how the Chiefs are feeling about Cassel’s situation in the long term but it seems reasonable that Quinn could hang onto the starting job beyond Week 6 if he plays well.
You ready for the Quinn era?
- NFL Regional Combine Invitational to take place at Chiefs' practice facility - Chiefs Wire
- Miami Dolphins great Sam Madison joins Chiefs staff - FanSided
- Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes’ off-season mission includes playing 'Call of Duty' - Los Angeles Times
- KCPD officer who drove police van in wreck that killed teen is back at work - Kansas City Star
- The curious case of Giants safety Landon Collins’ locker and its effect on Chiefs fans - Kansas City Star
- Five Things We Learned from New Chiefs' DC Steve Spagnuolo on Wednesday - chiefs.com
- Incoming Chiefs defensive guru Spagnuolo still evaluating Dee Ford’s fit in new scheme - Kansas City Star