As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
- Damien Mama Signs With KC Chiefs as Undrafted Free Agent - Reign of Troy
- Devin Chappell signs UDFA deal with the Kansas City Chiefs - Building the Dam
- Alabama wide receiver Gehrig Dieter lands with Kansas City Chiefs as a free agent - SECcountry.com
- Sam Mellinger: Chiefs' draft class backed with reason, guts, and loads of potential - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Leon McQuay III NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Kansas City Chiefs' Pick - Bleacher Report
- Chiefs select Georgia Southern linebacker Ukeme Eligwe in fifth round of NFL Draft - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs trade back into fourth round, draft Michigan wide receiver Jehu Chesson - Kansas City Star