As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
- Locked on Chiefs: PFF's Mike Renner on KC's AFC West hopes - Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs rumors: Ryan Cowden will interview for GM job on Wednesday - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs have NFL's 2nd best linebacking corps, per Willie McGinest - Arrowhead Addict
- Two of the NFL's top 10 players are in the Kansas City Chiefs division - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Mellinger Minutes: Chiefs silence, Chiefs instability, Royals' future, Bubba Starling and more - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Chiefs preview: Kansas City looks to break from status quo - USA TODAY
- John Dorsey's firing is a bad sign for the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict