As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
- Chiefs hope to carve out reserve role for 'freakish' Kpassagnon - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs continue to make Arrowhead upgrades in wake of slightly declining attendance - Kansas City Star
- A very good training camp for Patrick Mahomes, says Clark Hunt - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs relying on new bodies, healthy vets to stuff the run - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs say CJ Spiller has been “an unbelievable surprise” - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs ranked sixth in FanSided preseason power rankings - KC Kingdom
- Chiefs lineman nicknamed 'Nacho' ate well, added weight and got better - Kansas City Star