As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
- KC Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders preview: talking injuries, Kareem Hunt and Derek Carr - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Mellinger Minutes: Are Chiefs still good? All-Time Royals team? KU-MU? Vermes to USMNT? - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Are Chiefs fans really the best in the NFL? - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs-Oakland Raiders odds: Picks from expert with 8 straight NFL wins - CBSSports.com
- Worried about the Chiefs after Sunday's loss? Deion Sanders says they'll be fine - Kansas City Star (blog)
- 45 Seconds: Back to basics for the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: Expect return of key players soon - KC Kingdom - KC Kingdom