As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
- Chiefs finalizing five-year, $41.25 million extension for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - Kansas City Star
- Clark Hunt supports Alex Smith as Chiefs' starter, but analyst says there are options in draft - Kansas City Star
- Are the Kansas City Chiefs linebackers a good value? - Arrowhead ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs' Eric Berry maintains he will not play '17 season under franchise tag - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs' Dontari Poe hosting 'Shark Tank-like' competition as part of charity event - Sports Illustrated
- 2017 NFL Draft Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Zach ... - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs: Boomer Esiason Links Alex Smith To Jets - KC Kingdom